Our {Very Busy} Thursday

I love that some days are really chill for Cullen and I. We stay home, hang out, and get things done around the house. Other days we are hardly home at all, and we get to do a lot of fun things! I love that our weeks have a mix of both because I would get bored of staying home all the time and a little too frazzled if life was always this busy.

Our Thursday started out with a 6:30 a.m. wake-up for me. I got up and started working in the kitchen for a while unloading the dishwasher, putting clean dishes away, and doing some prep work for a muffin recipe and dinner later that night.

I wanted to be ready by the time Cullen woke up, so I then got ready for the day, and at 7:45 a.m. I heard Cullen stirring. Perfect timing! I let him lay in his bed, reading some books, while I finished getting ready. When I was done, I got Cullen out of his crib, but everything I did for him that morning made him cry. He cried when I tried to take his clothes off. He cried when I told him it was time to go potty. He cried when I picked out the wrong underwear, and the wrong, pants, and the wrong shirt. I’m pretty sure he would have cried if I told him he had won a trip to Disney World. Sigh. . . At last we made it into the car by 8:40 a.m. for a 9:15 a.m. meeting, which was a small miracle!

We ventured downtown for a meeting at the store. Cullen playing during the meeting, while I was filled in on everything from our First Friday event and Flash Sale coming up, to the fact we will be now carrying XtraTufs (an iconic Alaskan waterproof fishing boot), to our “timing guys” being declared the “fastest in the land” and being able to set up timing equipment more efficiently than anyone else.

Afterwards we checked out the sale at Her Tern (our sister store and women’s boutique across the street from Skinny Raven). I ended buying a pair of gray jeans! I was a little apprehensive about buying them, but Ashley (the manager) convinced me I would be able to wear them with a lot of different things. (Plus, Teri, also said the same thing, so I hope they’re right!)


Then it was off to meet Craig for lunch. We ended up going to BurgerFi, which I kind of regretted afterwards. I don’t the heaviness of burger and fries, but Craig said he was in the mood for a burger, and I wasn’t completely opposed to the idea, so I let him pick this time.

Cullen and I got home a few minutes after 1:00 p.m. I always make sure we are home around this time for Cullen’s nap or quiet-time–depending upon if he sleeps or not. I do at least an hour of quiet time, but sometimes he falls asleep, so it turns into nap time.

During this time, I whipped up a batch of Coconut Blueberry Muffins. I’ve made these several times before and really like them. They are really moist, which I think is just a result of using the coconut flour. I’m working my way through a big bag of coconut flour, so if anyone has any suggestions for recipes, leave a link in the comments below. I’ve tried a pumpkin bread and some pumpkin pancakes, but I wasn’t impressed, so this is the only recipe that I’ve liked so far.

Cullen didn’t end up falling asleep, which I was glad about because we had a haircut appointment to get to. This was his first official haircut. Up until this point, I have been cutting and trimming Cullen’s hair every few weeks. He really didn’t get hair until he was one, and then during his second year it wasn’t that thick, so it was easy to trim, but now there’s a lot more of it, and it was pretty noticeable that my very novice haircutting skills were showing, so I took him to a professional.

He looks so different and so grown up now!

After the haircut appointment, we made a quick stop at the grocery store for a couple of things for dinner. I had started to prep a few things in the morning and during the afternoon, but finished most of the work before Craig got home. As soon as he got home, I was out the door again to coach the Raven Run Club (our training group through the store).

8:00 p.m. I’m back home to get in on the last book with Cullen and Craig, and then I rock and sing to Cullen before putting him down for the night. Finally, it is dinner time for me. This was the first time making this Sweet Potato Black Bean Qunioa Bowls, but I hit a home run with it! Craig texted me using the hashtags #bestwife #ilovemypersonalcook, and I just had to laugh because he is not one to use hashtags. So I’d highly recommend making this because I too thought it was incredibly delicious, and I will definitely be making it again.

After dinner, I clean up the kitchen and work on this blog post. The end!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s